The throat is one of the most sensitive organs in the human body. Comprising of nerves, glands, tissues and blood vessels, the throat needs special care and attention to stay healthy and in good condition. Overusing the throat components might lead to various kinds of problems and might lead to permanent damage of the same as well.
Here are 5 simple yet highly effective ways of maintaining a healthy throat:
- Cleaning of toothbrush – The toothbrush is a potent source of infection for the mouth and throat. Sadly most of us do not know about this. It is recommended to soak the toothbrush in a glass of hot saline water every morning before you brush your teeth. This is the best way of disinfecting your toothbrush keeping your mouth and throat safe.
- Provide protection to the throat from cold temperatures – The human throat and neck are areas from where great amount of heat loss takes place. It is recommended to wrap a scarf around the neck so that the throat-neck area remains warm and comfortable. Changes in temperatures like going in and out of an air-conditioned room can cause instant throat infections. Such situations should be avoided in all respects.
- Gurgling with salt – Add a pinch of salt into a glass of warm water and gurgle your throat with the same. Try practicing this habit every night before you go to bed. Follow this method in the flu season so that the mouth and throat remains disinfected. Infact salt water gurgle is a great remedy for dealing with a sore throat.
- Refrain from sharing eating utensils – Sharing the glass, cup or even plate is no way of showing love. Infact one should strictly refrain from sharing any kind of utensils as these are potent sources of mouth and throat infections. There are high chances of cross-contamination.
- Ginger and honey for throat – The combination of honey and ginger juice can act wonders for your throat. After brushing your teeth in the morning, take approximately 4-5ml of fresh ginger juice and mix the same with 5ml of honey. Drink this and it has extremely smoothening effects on the throat. Some people also use a pinch of turmeric and little salt in the mixture.
People related to professions that involve lots of talking should definitely follow these simple things to keep their throat in good condition. Infact professional singers and vocalists try many of the mentioned tips for taking care of their throat.