Bad breath can be a big turn off. It can make you feel embarrassed and can lead to lower confidence levels. There are many reasons that contribute to causing bad breathe – some prominent ones being gum diseases, smoking, dry mouth, medical conditions, poor oral health, some kinds of foods etc.
Cleaning your mouth properly and drinking adequate water can help in keeping bad breath at bay. However, if the problem still persists, you can try these home remedies for getting rid of foul breath easily:
- Cloves – Cloves have great antibacterial properties and have been used in treating tooth ache since historic times. They also help in freshening up your breathe considerably thus helping you do away with bad breath.
- You can put few pieces of cloves in your mouth and chew them. The juices that come from the spice give you fresh breath.
- Clove tea is also a way of dealing with the problem of bad breath. In a cup of boiling water, put approximately 1tsp of ground cloves and let it simmer for few minutes. This mixture can be drunk or used as a mouthwash.
- Fennel – Fennel is used as a mouth freshener in many places. Due to its antimicrobial properties, fennel helps in getting rid of harmful bacteria and microbes from the mouth.
- Take a tablespoon of fennel and chew it slowly and you can feel the production of saliva in the mouth. This will freshen up your breathe.
- Make fennel tea and drink this 2-3 times a day. Take a cup of hot water and put 1-2 teaspoons of fennel seeds in it and let it soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Lemon Juice – People have been using lemon rinse since prehistoric times for dealing with bad breath issues. Lemon is rich in citric acid and this helps in inhibiting bacterial growth in mouth. Also lemon has a pleasant odor, which helps in keeping the bad odor away.
- Make fresh lemon juice. In a cup of water, add one tablespoon of lemon juice and start rinsing your mouth with the same. Adding a little salt can also help. It helps in fighting the problem of dry mouth, which is a primary cause of bad breath.
Along with using these homely remedies for dealing with bad breath, follow a hygienic oral health care routine is also important. Inspite of all this, if bad breath persists, seek help from a medical professional for locating the exact cause of the problem.