Sun tanning is a common problem that women face. This is particularly applicable for women who have to work outdoors under the sun for long stretches of time. While in the western countries, women use tanning lotions to get a tanned look, tanning is not much preferred in the eastern countries. Tanning is caused due to increased levels of melanin in the body for which the sun’s ultraviolet rays are responsible.
Instead of investing in expensive cosmetic products for tan removal, try these simple home remedies for getting rid of sun tan.
- Cucumber – Sun tan can be reduced greatly with cucumber juice. The fruit also helps in keeping the skin moisturized and cool. Rubbing freshly cut cucumber slices on the tanned area is very good. Other than this, you can mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice to 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice along with a pinch of turmeric. Mix them well and apply the same on affected areas. Keep for half an hour and wash off with normal water.
- Aloe Vera – Applying aloe vera gel helps in skin lightening within a short span of time. Try applying fresh aloe gel daily on affected skin area before sleeping at night. Wash the skin thoroughly with plain water in the morning.
- Lemon Juice – Lemon is well known for removing sun tan as it has strong bleaching properties. Fresh lemon juice can be directly applied to the sun tanned area and left to dry. Once it dries, it can be washed off with water. Sometimes a pinch of sugar can also be added to the lemon juice. Sugar has great cleansing properties. Try this 2-3 times a week for quick results.
- Gram flour (besan) – Gram flour works excellently on sun tanned area along with removing dead skin cells making the skin glowing and bright. Mix gram flour to water and make a paste. Apply the same all over the tanned area. Leave it like that for 20 minutes and wash off with water. For best results use rose water instead of plain water for making the paste. A pinch of turmeric can also be added to the paste.
- Milk cream or plain milk – Take little milk in a bowl and add lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric in the same. The solution has to be applied on the tanned areas and allowed to be dried completely. Wash off with plain water for instant effects from sun tan.