Alzheimer’s disease is an ailment which is diagnosed with progressive memory loss. Majority of dementia occurs due to Alzheimer’s disease. As the age increases, the disease becomes more prominent. Not only memory loss, but Alzheimer’s is also responsible for troubles with thinking ability, perception, and intellectual behavior of a person. As it is aforementioned that it is a progressive disorder and become worse with time, this disease generally occurs at middle age or early old age. The major cause of this disease is the formation of plaques and tangles in the brain, which hinders the normal functioning of the organ. Despite the fact that this condition cannot be reversed, its severity can be reduced by consuming proper diet. There are foods available which lessen the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Organic, raw and unprocessed food: Alzheimer’s patients should consume foods which are not processed. During processing, some of the vital ingredients are lost. Raw vegetables provide nourishment which helps in improving the condition of patients. Apart from this, raw and clean meat also serves to prevent the further severity of disease. Also, fruits are rich in antioxidants and they are fibrous enough to provide nourishment to body cells.
- Vitamin A, C and E: All the vitamins have different effects on various body organs. During various reactions in the body, free radicals arereleased which are harmful for body. There is a need to eliminate these free radicals from the body. These vitamins fight against free radicals.
- Coconut oil: Apart from its multifarious uses, coconut oil can benefit the brain by providing ketones to it. These ketones can be used by the brain in place of glucose. Sugar patients with Alzheimer’s disease can opt for coconut oil. Raw coconut is also useful and can be added to the normal diet.
- Zinc rich foods: Alzheimer’s patients have a typical zinc deficiency which should be fulfilled by providing it through diet. Foods which are rich in zinc include grass fed-beef and pumpkin seeds. Also dark chocolates contain traces of zinc, which is useful.
- Wild caught fish: Fish has multiple ingredients which help in improving overall brain health. The most important one is omega 3 fats. Docosahexaenoic acid is an omega 3 fatty acid which boosts brain health as it is a part of the structure of the brain.
Consuming such foods helps an Alzheimer’s patient to live a healthy and better life.