It is unquestionably true that more than half of the beauty of an individual is defined by hair. We often face problems of dull and dry hair, which can be treated well, but having split ends sounds horrible. Split ends are coupled with dry and frizzy hair and also a problem with chemically treated hair which makes hair dry and damaged. The first thing that comes into our mind when it comes to split ends is a haircut. Is that really a good alternative? There are multiple home remedies available to combat split hair.
- Hot oil massage: Giving yourself a hot oil massage treat increases the blood circulation and nourishes the hair making it soft and smooth further reducing the split ends. Castor oil is the best for treating this problem. Olive oil or coconut oil can also be used.
- Egg mask: Beat 2 egg whites or more depending on the length of your hair and apply from the scalp to lengthways till the end. Rinse with lukewarm water. Hair with become smooth and nourished as egg whites contain protein, which repairs split ends.
- Honey: As honey is quite thick in nature, it can be coupled with either eggs or curd. One teaspoon full of honey is mixed with respective component and applied all over the length of hair, especially on the ends. Honey has healing properties which reduce split ends.
- Avocado: Avocado contains nutrition required for growth and repair of hair strands. Mash avocado and apply directly to hair. It leaves hair shiny by cutting off split ends. Banana or papaya can also be used the same way, if avocado is not available.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise in itself contains multifarious ingredients. It makes hair smooth, leaving it soft and shiny and also reduces split ends.
- Vitamin E capsule: Vitamin E capsules are easily available in the market and consuming it makes hair healthy and lustrous. It repairs damaged hair involving split ends.
- Healthy diet: A daily diet involving green leafy vegetables, almonds, walnuts, fish, etc., which contains omega 3 fatty acids in high amount. This not only makes hair strong and healthy, but also promotes new hair growth.
- Avoid chemical treatments: Completely avoiding chemical treatments and heat treatments on hair as it damages hair and makes the situation worse. Also, let the hair dry naturally and ignore the use of hair dryers.
Try these magic tricks and bring life back to your hair.
Bronchitis is a disease of upper respiratory tract characterized by inflammation and swelling of bronchial membrane. Children very frequently come in contact with this disease due to poor inbuilt immunity. It is generally caused by bacteria or virus and may also result due to inhalation of certain chemical pollutants. However, parents can easily comfort their children by applying some home remedies discussed here:
Honey is well known for offering uncountable health benefits and treating bronchitis in children is one of them. It is loaded with antibacterial and antiviral properties and helps soothe the throat. You can your child honey in a number of ways like:
• Add one teaspoon of it in a cup of tea
• Take one teaspoon of honey and mix it with ginger juice.
• Take dried ginger powder, long pepper and pepper in equal quantities and mix it well with a quarter teaspoon of honey. Give this mixture to your child three times a day.
Salt water is known for its ability to cut through the mucus and increase efficiency of brushing action of cilia present in the upper respiratory tract. It thus helps in relieving from the irritation in sensitive bronchial membrane. To get the relief, add some salt in a glass of warm water, mix it well and gargle with it 3-4 times.
Turmeric powder is found in every house’s kitchen. It is one of the common home remedies people use to ensure relief from cough associated with bronchitis. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties that help in pulling out excess mucus, thus providing relief. Give your child a glass of warm milk mixed well with one teaspoon of turmeric powder twice or thrice a day.
Some people think that taking lemon exaggerates the situation, but the truth is something else. It actually helps in getting rid of congested throat in case of bronchitis. This is due to its citrus properties. You can use lemon to treat the condition in the following ways:
• Take a cup of boiled water and grate to it a teaspoon of lemon rind. Keep it for a few minutes.
• Boil the lemon wedge, strain the water and drink it.
• To treat sore throat you can mix one cup of warm water with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Gargle with the mixture 3-4 times.
This one you can easily find in your kitchen. To get relief make a paste by adding some water to the mixture of mustard and flour in the ratio of 1:4. Now take the best in a clean muslin or wash cloth and apply it on the chest.
Garlic is one of the well acclaimed home remedies to ensure relief from bronchitis. The antibiotic and antiviral properties have been proved very effective in battling off bronchitis. Peel off three fresh cloves of garlic and chop them well. Now add the chopped pieces in a glass containing milk and boil it. Drink that milk before going to the bed.
Try out these effective home remedies to help your young one breathe easy and get permanent relief from Bronchitis!
Take a look around and you will find innumerable people suffering from depression for various reasons. Depression is a psychological condition, which if not detected and treated at the right time can cause serious issues. People suffering from this ailment show clear symptoms and once that is noticed, immediate treatment is recommended. Higher levels of depression might lead to harmful addictions and suicidal tendencies. Majority of depression sufferers depend on various kinds of medications, which lead to harmful side effects.
Study revealing how turmeric can help overcoming depression
The study that was carried out to understand if turmeric could cure depression was conducted at the Department of Pharmacology, Gujarat in India. The main subject of the study was comparing the effects of Prozac (a popular anti-depressant) and curcumin (the main component in turmeric) and understanding their effects on depression.
A test was carried out on 60 people suffering from Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). 20 people were treated with curcumin capsules of 500mg twice a day, while other 20 took Prozac tablets of 20mg as per routine and the last lot of 20 people took both these together.
The results that came from the test were amazing. It was found that curcumin had almost the same results as that of Prozac tablets in treating patients with MDD. Also, curcumin capsules had no side effects in patients as turmeric is completely natural. Prozac tablets have shown indications of suicidal ideation and many other kinds of psychotic disorders.
There is no doubt that this is one of the greatest revelations in medical science. We all knew that turmeric is good for skin, hair and overall health. But the amazing results that it shows in treating depression is simply great!
Treating depression the natural way sans side effects
Depression, though it is a psychological problem, becomes extremely taxing for the body if not treated at the right time, in the right manner. And the use of turmeric in dealing with depression has proved to be safe for the body. Curcumin of turmeric reach to the root of the problem of depression and cure it from there so that there are no chances of its revival. As a result, the patient gets cured completely without any side effects. Along with curing depression, curcumin also provides neuroprotection and immune support and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Pharmaceutical drugs that are used in the treatment of depression just mask the signs and symptoms of depression without eliminating the problem from the roots. Moreover, the patient becomes dependent on these drugs for lifetime.
Sun tanning is a common problem that women face. This is particularly applicable for women who have to work outdoors under the sun for long stretches of time. While in the western countries, women use tanning lotions to get a tanned look, tanning is not much preferred in the eastern countries. Tanning is caused due to increased levels of melanin in the body for which the sun’s ultraviolet rays are responsible.
Instead of investing in expensive cosmetic products for tan removal, try these simple home remedies for getting rid of sun tan.
- Cucumber – Sun tan can be reduced greatly with cucumber juice. The fruit also helps in keeping the skin moisturized and cool. Rubbing freshly cut cucumber slices on the tanned area is very good. Other than this, you can mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice to 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice along with a pinch of turmeric. Mix them well and apply the same on affected areas. Keep for half an hour and wash off with normal water.
- Aloe Vera – Applying aloe vera gel helps in skin lightening within a short span of time. Try applying fresh aloe gel daily on affected skin area before sleeping at night. Wash the skin thoroughly with plain water in the morning.
- Lemon Juice – Lemon is well known for removing sun tan as it has strong bleaching properties. Fresh lemon juice can be directly applied to the sun tanned area and left to dry. Once it dries, it can be washed off with water. Sometimes a pinch of sugar can also be added to the lemon juice. Sugar has great cleansing properties. Try this 2-3 times a week for quick results.
- Gram flour (besan) – Gram flour works excellently on sun tanned area along with removing dead skin cells making the skin glowing and bright. Mix gram flour to water and make a paste. Apply the same all over the tanned area. Leave it like that for 20 minutes and wash off with water. For best results use rose water instead of plain water for making the paste. A pinch of turmeric can also be added to the paste.
- Milk cream or plain milk – Take little milk in a bowl and add lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric in the same. The solution has to be applied on the tanned areas and allowed to be dried completely. Wash off with plain water for instant effects from sun tan.
Many parents might not take notice of the fact that their kids suffer from the problem of dandruff. They might have itchy scalp or white flaky substances might be visible on their dresses. Do not raise an alarm if you find that your kid has dandruff. There are some highly effective home solutions that can help in getting rid of dandruff from your child’s scalp in no time at all.
- Medicated dandruff shampoos for kids are readily available in the market. To increase the effectiveness of the shampoo, take two uncoated aspirin tablets and crush them in a mortar and pestle. Add the powdered aspirin to the medicated dandruff shampoo that your child uses and see the immediate results that are obtained.
- Another way to deal with dandruff for your kid is by applying regular shampoo followed by scalp rinse. There are 2 scalp rinse alternatives that can be tried. In one, add 2 tablespoons of alcohol based mouthwash or lemon juice in one cup of water. In the second alternative, mix 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of water. Both these varieties are scalp rinses. After shampooing the hair and washing the same with plain water, use any of the one scalp rinse for getting rid of dandruff. In case your child’s scalp is dry, try using an oil-free conditioner.
- Take 1 ounce of carrier oil like olive oil, jojoba oil or almond oil and add 12 drops of tea tree oil in the same. Mix both the oils well. Now apply this mixed oil to the child’s scalp. Keep it like that for about 30 minutes. After that apply shampoo.
- Instead of using anti-dandruff shampoo for your kid, why not try something that is more effective in eliminating dandruff from his/her scalp. Try using baking soda in lieu of shampoo. Take a handful of baking soda and add water so that it becomes like a paste. Apply the paste to the child’s scalp by massaging it softly. Leave it like that while showering. At the end of the shower, just rinse off the baking powder paste.
- Create a natural hair mask for your kid. For this you will need half mashed banana, plain Greek yogurt about 1 tablespoon and 4 tablespoons of any kind of carrier oil. Mix all the ingredients together to form a mask. This mask should be massaged to the scalp for about 5 minutes. Let it stay for about 15 minutes and then shampoo.
With no harmful side effects, you can deal with your kid’s dandruff in an effective manner.