Hair loss problems are highly worrying. Instead of settling for expensive cosmetic treatments for dealing with hair loss, try some excellent Ayurvedic treatments for combating the problem. Moreover, the Ayurvedic treatments ensure that the problem is cured right from the roots so that they do not reappear.
Here are some Ayurvedic treatments that can be used for curing hair loss problems:
- Hot oil massage – For giving the scalp great hot oil massage, you can choose any oil – almond oil, coconut oil or brahmi oil. The massage helps in bettering the blood circulation in the scalp and rejuvenates the hair follicles. If there is problem of dandruff along with hair loss, add freshly squeezed lemon juice (2tbsp) to half a cup of oil and heat the same. Apply it on the scalp. This not only prevents hair loss but also makes hair grow thicker, longer and better.
- Ashwagandha – Ayurveda says that the main reason of hair loss is ‘pitta dosh’. Ashwagandha is an herb that has high contents of anti-oxidants and is believed to provide relief from pitta dosh. Taking 6 mg capsule of ashwagandha is enough in a day. It detoxifies the entire system removing all toxins and harmful components from the body.
- Ayurvedic head massage – Known as ‘champi’ in local terms and abhyanga in Sanskrit, it is nothing but an Ayurvedic head massage. The main purpose of this massage is to improve the blood circulation in the scalp and also at the hair roots. This makes the hair root stronger reducing hair fall. It also promotes growth of new hair. For applying the oil, use circular motion with your fingers and ensure that the whole scalp gets the nourishment.
- Jatamansi – This aromatic herb is known by many names – it is called Indian Spikenard as well as Muskroot. The herb plays a pivotal role in removing impurities from the blood. For promoting proper hair growth, it is recommended to apply the herb directly on the scalp. Capsules can also be consumed. Make sure that the dosage is not more than 6mg.
- Bhringaraj – Regarded as the king of all herbs, bhringaraj has been long used for dealing with hair loss problems. Infact bhringaraj oil could be seen in almost all households in the past. This herb is not that readily available in the market. If you get hold of some, make a paste with some leaves and apply the same on the hair. Also put the paste on the scalp and see that it is well covered. After few minutes, wash it off with cold water. Repeat this process frequently for best results.